Sunday, November 2, 2014

Worlds Best Vegetarian Vegetable Soup

I was in downtown Pittsburgh a few years ago at a well known restaurant... I won't say names. They had a sign ... Worlds best vegetable soup!  It was cold and snowy and that sounded fabulous!  Well it was awful! This soup I make is simple and soooooo delicious and you can add or delete vegetables you like or dislike!  Here is what I do:  sauté in a heavy pot some olive oil with chopped onion carrots celery and cabbage for about 10 minutes then add 1 carton of vegetable stock and 1 jar of low sugar marinara sauce. Take the jar and fill it with water and add it to the pot.  Next 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables and bring to a boil. Today I added escarole greens and cheese tortellini.  Some days i
add sweet potatoes and white beans. So versatile and so delicious!  

1 comment:

Feel free to comment!