Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Plant Based Black Bean Burgers



I don't know about you but I have never found a meatless burger pre made that I really love!  The list of ingredients make my head spin!  

Until now!  These are so simple and delicious… with or without the bun! 

1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
1/2 cup plain instant oats
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
2 shakes garlic powder
2 shakes onion powder
1 tsp of smoked paprika or liquid smoke

Mash the beans with a masher or use a food processor then mix in the other ingredients.  Divide dough like mixture into four balls and form into burger patties.  Bake on parchment at 400 degrees about 10 minutes on each side.  If your oven gets extra hot lower the time… i like mine crisp on the outside but soft on the inside.  

Add your favorite burger toppings!  Enjoy on a big soft bun or like I do… on a large leaf of romaine.  

These are worth giving a try even if you are not plant based! Have a meatless Monday or just to add some healthy delicious fiber to your diet!  

You can't go wrong with black beans… Enjoy and stay compassionate my friends! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!