Thursday, August 18, 2016

Plant Based Gluten and Oil Free Ramen!!!!




Sometimes you just need a bowl of noodle soup!  Having a stressful day… eat some ramen noodles!  Starving and need something in your belly fast?  These can be ready in less than 10 minutes!

I love ramen but it's  usually very unhealthy and laden with deep fried fat.  They are gluten free and vegan! These are made by lotus foods.  They come in a few varieties.  

I found both of these products at Giant Eagle.  The miso soup is also yummy and everything is better with noodles in my opinion.  

These noodles are delicious and come in 4 individual servings for 260 calories and 4 grams of fiber per serving.  There are only 2 ingredients… organic brown rice flour and organic millet.  

They are a little tricky to cook.  Bring 4 cups of water to a boil… when boiling add the chunk of ramen and let cook for one minute before trying to separate.  I find the noodles easiest to separate with two forks.  If you do not separate them all you will have a chunk of sticky noodles.  I find that boiling them while separating and stirring for a good 4-5 minutes makes them perfect.  

After cooking the noodles I drained and rinsed them and put them in a bowl of white miso soup.  These soup packets are all natural and very good!  

You can add the noodles to a salad or toss them with stir fry veggies and teriyaki sauce… I love noodles! 

You can find both of these items in the asian food section at Giant Eagle!  

Enjoy and stay compassionate my friends! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!