Thursday, January 7, 2016

Dill Cucumbers in Vegan Sour Cream






One of the biggest reasons it took me so long to find my plant based oil free vegan ways is my mom.  When she was alive she was the best cook.  We had so many traditional and ethic foods that I loved, I could not imagine my life without them.  After she died… food and her cooking that I learned was my only way to keep her with me.  Well I discovered that if she would have not ate the way she did and smoked that she might still be with me.  Her heart attack changed her quality of life forever.  She was the most amazing and resilient woman I have ever know.  I now decide to follow in her footsteps in that way instead of food.  I want to see my grandchildren get married!  

Enough of the sentiment…I have learned to make some of the foods she made and keep them acceptable to the plant based way of living I have adopted.

These cucumbers in vegan sour cream are so close to the real thing!  

Vegan Sour Cream:
In a food processor add the following
1 block of mori nu silken firm tofu 
2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp white vinegar
1 small squirt yellow mustard
a small squirt of agave nectar
a dash of garlic powder
I add a tablespoon of Wildtree Dill Dip Blend

Whiz this until smooth, stopping and scrapping the sides…. I LOVED sour cream and this is so close I could eat it with a spoon! 

In a colander in the sink finely slice one large long cucumber… hmmmm!
Oh yeah… peel it first
then heavily salt it and let it sit for about 15 min.

After 15 min… squeeze the dickens out of them with your bare hands.. clean of course.  This will soften them and get more of their water out.  After you have squeezed and pressed them into the colander put them in a bowl and add 3 TBSP good quality apple cider vinegar (i like braggs unfiltered)

To the squished cucumbers and vinegar add enough vegan sour cream to your likings and EAT IT UP!

Wildtree dill dip blend can be purchased on my website www.mywildtree.com/Gerri641661

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!