Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Everything Slaw!






This slaw is jammed packed with goodness

I will give you the ingredients I used today but feel free to add or delete!

The quantities will depend on how much slaw you are making

Cabbage (I shred mine finely in the food processor) Red or green or both!
Carrots
Celery
Apple peeled and seeded

Raisins

The majority of the slaw is the cabbage.  The cabbage is finely shredded.  For the celery, carrots, and apple I change the blade to finely chop.  Mix all veggies together and make the dressing.

For the dressing I add all of these wet ingredients… start with a tablespoon of each and then adjust according to your taste and amount of slaw to cover.

Rice wine vinegar
Apple cider vinegar
Vegan mayo (regular if you are not vegan) And I make my own mayo with tofu
Agave syrup

Blend this and add a dash of onion powder and a few dashes of salt and pepper.  Now taste the mixture and adjust sweet, sour, and salt to your liking.  

Toss with the slaw with the dressing and a handful of raisins

Chill in the fridge for at least a half an hour.  

You can add celery seed in place of the celery.  You can add poppy seeds if you like

It is a delicious sweet and sour slaw with good flavor and tons of nutrients! 
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!