Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pickled Beets Christmas Present for Kate



My friend Kate loves beets as
much as I do so I made her some
for Christmas.  Let's see if she 
looks at my Pins!

For 4 pints of pickled beets

4 Cans of sliced beets drained
4 Tablespoons of Pickling spice
1 Teaspoon of salt
2 Cups of vinegar
1 Cup of water
1/2 /cup of Honey if you want a 
sweeter beet. 
A few slices of raw sweet onion for each 
jar (optional)

Bring vinegar, water, and honey and salt to a rolling boil

Pack your beets into jars on top of your sliced onions and top with the pickling spice. 

When a rolling boil occurs pour the solution into the jars one at a time quickly screwing on the seals and lids tightly.  Give a shake to mix and then set on the counter and go on to the next jar. 

Mine all sealed beautifully but I still refrigerate them to be safe because I do not process them.  Use within 3 to 4 weeks. They go really fast around here! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!